As a major international construction company, PORR can build on more than 150 years of experience in planning, development and execution. With around 20,000 employees, the Group generates annual sales of EUR 5.5 billion. In addition to the core markets of Austria, Germany, Switzerland, Poland and the Czech Republic, PORR is active in numerous countries in Eastern Europe and in Qatar.
- The difficult economic situation, declining investments by public and private clients, strong competition and the continuous decline in European construction services have prompted the Executive Board of the Porr Group to launch the “fit for future” restructuring and optimization program.
- The aim is to position the company in the first third in terms of costs and earnings compared with the rest of the industry and to reduce the level of debt in the Group.
- Management Factory has been appointed to lead the restructuring program. The cost savings achieved in 2013-2016 significantly improved the Group’s earnings position.
- Massive cost savings in the administrative area and significant improvement in net debt.
- Successful turnaround of the Porr Group