VOGLAUER Möbelwerk Gschwandtner und Zwilling GmbH & Co KG, based in Abtenau in Salzburg, produces high-quality natural wood furniture with an export quota of 80%. A further business field is the European-wide total interior equipment of hotel enterprises in the premium segment. The company employs about 400 people with an annual turnover of about 75 million EUR and has been family-owned for more than 80 years. Due to the vacancy in the business segment management in hotel interior finishing and to ensure the strategic reorientation, an interim appointment was sought.
The Project (Rent-a-CRO):
Management Factory worked for Voglauer from September 2013 to August 2015 as business unit manager for hotel interior design. The task of Management Factory was the strategic and organizational realignment of the business unit. Based on the defined strategic market, sales and implementation processes had to be reorganized and additional measures to minimize risks had to be created.
- Development and implementation of the business unit strategy
- Increasing transparency and systematic processing of the relevant target market
- Expansion of the calculation basis and the reporting system
- Redesign and documentation of processes
- Management of the business unit with around 80 employees